Monday, February 02, 2015

Etiquette Question: Thank You Notes


This weekend I finally got around to writing my post-holiday Thank You cards.

Do you write Thank You notes? It seems like it could be a dying art. Life seems so busy these days that email seems easier--and faster. I remember applying for a job several years ago, and mentioning to a mentor that I'd mailed a note post-interview. She seemed appalled that it could get lost in the mail, or arrive later than other candidates' emails. I eventually ended up sending an email mentioning the Thank You note, and noting that I'd be remiss to not send an email as well. But...I'm glad I sent the note too.

My friend Kaitlin always sends a Thank You note--even if she doesn't need to! I have to admit, I love getting snail mail, and these days sending letters feels like such an effort that it's always extra nice to receive them.

I wonder what Emily Post would say.



2 comments :

Unknown said...

I do love sending thank you notes!! I even like going to the post office and picking out stamps. DORK ALERT!! :)

chimichurrisgrill said...

Nice blog. I like it. thanks