Sunday, August 16, 2015

Weekend Links



How was your weekend? Ours went by much too quickly. Yesterday morning, Peter took Jack to the Water Lab in Brooklyn Bridge Park while I got a haircut nearby. And last night, we got a babysitter and went out to dinner to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. We went to Emily, which has gotten a ton of hype for it's burger. They only serve Pizza and Burgers for mains, and I have to admit: it lived up to the hype.

Next weekend, we are heading to Vancouver to visit family, so we are prepping this week. I've been trolling the internet for tips on traveling with toddlers. I've bought headphones, and am on the hunt for good apps that will keep a two-year old entertained...any suggestions?

Here are a few links from the web that have caught my eye lately:

This guide to tipping around the world is really helpful! (Domaine)

What are your thoughts on Facebook Scrapbooking? I have to admit, I'm anti. It kind of creeps me out that kids in this new generation have such public childhoods.

Mmmmm. Food Halls around the country.  (Fodors)

Rose wines to try. (NYT) To be honest, I've never been a fan of rose. It always looks so refreshing, but I'm disappointed when I drink it. I have a friend in Bordeaux who is a wine maker, and she said she believes that the paler the rose, the better it is.

A list of the Best Summer Books 2015. Have you read any of them? (Publishers Weekly)

11 Baking Tips from Bon Appetit.

I haven't seen a movie in ages. This list of the Best Movies of 2015 (so far) makes me want to hit up some theaters. (Vulture)

The Coolest Outdoor Art Exhibits for Kids.  We've seen a few of the pieces of Please Touch the Art in Brooklyn Bridge Park, but this makes me want to travel. How cool does that giant Radio Flyer look? (Red Tricycle)

No comments :