Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Life in France: House Tour




Spring always makes me nostalgic for the year I spent in France. Spring in France seems to come just a bit ahead of the NY Spring. It's  hard to believe that we lived there 4 years ago now. Looking through pictures last night I discovered some old photos of the house we lived in, so thought I'd post some. Doesn't it look like the narrowest house in the world? It's only that narrow on one side.

On the other side of the wall are the grounds of the Chateau de Fontainebleau. We think this house must have once been the gatekeeper's house, as there's an entry just past where this picture was taken. Here are a few more pictures of the inside, if you'd like to see.

Entrance
We rented this house fully furnished (rugs and all!) but bought a few of our own possessions. We'd just gotten married, so I shipped a box full of dish towels, pot holders, and a few other light-weight odds and ends, along with the books I'd need to write my thesis (plus a few extras).

Kitchen
The estate agent called the kitchen an "American Style Kitchen". Our interpretation of that is that it's open plan with a full-size fridge.

Living / Dining Room
Living / Dining Room Shot 2
Study at the Narrow End
Bedroom
One of the funny things about the house was that it really only had one bedroom. It was the first time in my adult life that I'd had a full house (even to rent), but it was so tiny!
Top Floor / Attic

There was a top floor / attic that came in very handy for visitors. 

That's it! There were a few other nooks along the way, but this shows most of the house. Though I think we've already outgrown the space, I miss living there. 

1 comment :

Unknown said...

I loved my time in that attic... :) Did you see that after you posted this Cup of Jo posted a super narrow home for sale in Brooklyn? She's definitely getting her inspiration from BOR!! hehehehe.