Saturday, March 28, 2015

Weekend Links

via

TGI weekend. This week flew by for me. We were supposed to head to my parent's house for tonight, but woke up to find a kid with a fever. What is it with weekends these days?! So, we cancelled our trip and I have just woken up from a 2 hour nap. My son is still snoozing, so hopefully he'll wake up feeling refreshed and a bit better. My parents are coming in tomorrow anyway, as Jack's daycare is on spring break this week. The will take care of him on Monday and Tuesday while we are at work and on Wednesday morning, we will drive to DC to visit my sister. I haven't been to DC in years, and am so looking forward to the trip. Fingers crossed everyone is healthy by then!

Here are some links I found interesting this week:

Why are do women's shirts button on the left and men's shirts button on the right? This article in The Atlantic researches it.

My sister sent me this hilarious Buzzfeed quiz: can you tell which of these quotes were said by serial killers and which ones were said by Christian Grey in 50 Shades of Grey?

Have you heard that the first shape-shifting creature was discovered?

This makeover of a tiny NYC rental apt. bathroom gave me hope. (Domaine Home)

I am so tempted by this list of 10 classic trench coat options. (Verily) I also like this option from Everlane.

I love Kaitlin's new Guide to Modern Etiquette. I have thought so often that we need a new / popular character like Emily Post to set some guidelines that are actually followed.

I also have decided I'm an Ashton Kutcher fan because of this. This was never an issue when we lived overseas; both men and women's restrooms had baby changing tables. I always want to think of America as fairly progressive, but little things like this bother me!

I always love to see what's on other people's Reading Lists.

This Cup of Jo post (plus the fact that it's currently flurrying in Brooklyn) makes me want to go to Jamaica. That bar!

This bag is tempting.

This feminist take on the ABC picture book looks awesome.

I can't not re-post this article that Kaitlin shared. Costa Rica is running completely on renewable energy. So cool!

No comments :